The mission of Helping mamas is to connect helping mamas to mamas needing help. We are the baby supply bank for East Tennessee.
WHAT WE DO
- Collect essential items such as diapers, pack n’ plays, new bottles, clothes, period supplies and new car seats; etc.
- Distribute the donated items to case workers at our partner locations.
- Allow clients to focus on job training, parenting education and violence prevention, instead of worrying about these essential items.
- Family support workers are able to spend more time in direct services with families providing long term support.
- The strength of our model is in partnering with organizations to help their clients with everyday essentials.
MEET OUR TEAM
Executive Director for Helping Mamas Knoxville
Tess graduated from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Human Services. She is a Knoxville native. She is an entrepreneur at heart with a social service background.
In 2018 Tess was searching for ways to give back to her community and Helping Mamas embodies all of her passions. Tess started HMK in her garage collecting items. Tess’s enjoys spending time with her husband Derek and their two children along with their three fur babies.
Program Manager for Helping Mamas Knoxville, Courtney Niemann.
Courtney has over 25 years of experience in primary prevention. Her passion for prevention and her wish to make a difference in peoples’ lives happens on a personal level as well as in the community. She is a Certified Prevention Specialist II, a trainer for Mental Health First Aid in Adult, Youth and Teen and an instructor for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
Courtney received her Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education and a Master of Science in Health Education and Health Promotion from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. We are so excited to have her as part of the Helping Mamas Team!
Americorps Vista at Helping Mamas Knoxville, Carrie Smith.
Carrie has her Masters in Public Health with a concentration in global health. She has worked overseas to help improve the health of women and children. She is experienced in community assessments, program planning and implementation. Her passion is to serve low income women and children with a heart for children in foster care.
We are so excited to have her as part of the Helping Mamas Team!
Terri McGuire, CTFA
Pinnacle Financial Partners